Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic Italian-American dish that is loved for its comforting and satisfying flavors. Tender, juicy meatballs are cooked in a rich tomato sauce and served over a bed of spaghetti noodles, making it a delicious and hearty meal.
Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Prep-Time – 60 minutes Serving-Size – 4-6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 oz each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands and form into 12-16 meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, oregano, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the sauce to a large baking dish and add the meatballs. Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Serve the spaghetti noodles with the meatballs and tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.