Chicken Parmesan is a delicious Italian-American dish that is loved for its crispy breaded chicken cutlets, tangy tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella cheese. This classic dish is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults.
Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Prep-Time – 30 minutes Serving-Size – 4 Servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each chicken breast in the beaten eggs, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish.
- Spoon marinara sauce over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese, is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.
Relevant Notes & Tips:
- For extra crispy chicken, use panko breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs.
- Make sure the oil is hot before adding the chicken to the skillet to ensure a crispy crust.
- Use homemade or high-quality store-bought marinara sauce for the best flavor.
- If you’re short on time, you can use pre-made chicken cutlets instead of pounding and breading the chicken yourself.