Tacos are a delicious and versatile Mexican dish that can be customized to suit any taste. The combination of savory meat, fresh vegetables, and tangy salsa all wrapped up in a crispy shell is simply irresistible.
Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Prep-Time – 30 minutes Serving-Size – 4 people
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 crispy or soft taco shells
- Salsa and sour cream for topping (optional)
- Brown the ground beef or turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the meat is browned, add the taco seasoning mix, black beans, and corn to the skillet. Stir until everything is combined and the meat is fully coated with the seasoning mix.
- To assemble the tacos, fill each taco shell with a spoonful of the meat mixture, followed by a sprinkle of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and cilantro.
- Top with salsa and/or sour cream, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Relevant tips & tricks:
- To make this recipe vegetarian, simply substitute the ground beef or turkey with a meatless alternative such as Beyond Meat or lentils.
- If you prefer your tacos to be spicier, try adding some hot sauce or diced jalapeños to the meat mixture.
- For a healthier option, you can use lettuce leaves instead of taco shells to make a tasty and low-carb taco salad.