In the realm of quick and delicious weeknight dinners, few dishes can match the ease and elegance of a well-prepared sheet pan salmon. This Effortless Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Salmon recipe is not only a savior for busy evenings but also a delightful way to savor the flavors of tender salmon fillets infused with zesty lemon and fragrant herbs. Let’s dive into this culinary delight.
The concept of cooking on a sheet pan has gained popularity in recent years due to its simplicity and convenience. The technique is inspired by traditional roasting methods, where meats and vegetables are roasted together on a single tray. Sheet pan dinners have become a staple in modern kitchens, offering a balanced meal with minimal effort.
- Preheat Your Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). This will ensure even cooking.
- Prepare the Sheet Pan: Line your large sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it with a thin coat of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Season the Salmon: Place the salmon fillets on the prepared sheet pan. Season them generously with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Lemon and Herb Infusion: In a mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, chopped parsley, chopped dill, and olive oil. Mix well to create a herb-infused oil.
- Flavorful Coating: Drizzle the herb-infused oil over the salmon fillets, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Citrus Magic: Lay the thinly sliced lemons over the salmon. Lemons not only add a burst of citrusy flavor but also keep the fish moist during cooking.
- Optional Heat: If you enjoy a bit of heat, sprinkle red pepper flakes evenly over the salmon for a subtle kick.
- Green and Crispy: Add the trimmed asparagus spears to the sheet pan, arranging them around the salmon. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap and Roast: To ensure the salmon cooks evenly and stays moist, cover the sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place it in the preheated oven and roast for about 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and the asparagus is tender.
- Serve with Pan Juices: Remove the sheet pan from the oven and carefully unwrap the foil. Transfer the salmon and asparagus to serving plates, drizzling with the flavorful pan juices.
- Garnish and Enjoy: Garnish your Effortless Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Salmon with a sprig of fresh dill and an extra squeeze of lemon juice, if desired. Serve immediately.