As the crisp breeze of fall paints the world in warm hues, there’s no better way to start your day than with a hearty and comforting breakfast. Our Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe not only encapsulates the essence of autumn but also delivers a nutritious kick to fuel your day. Let’s dive into the heartwarming world of flavors and textures that make this dish a seasonal favorite.
Pumpkin, a staple of autumn cuisine, has been celebrated in various cultures for centuries. Its recipe use can be traced back to early American settlers who learned about this versatile squash from Native American culinary traditions. Today, pumpkin symbolises the fall season, and our Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal pays homage to this rich history.
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grease a baking dish to ensure easy removal of the baked oatmeal.
Combine Dry Ingredients:
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, chopped pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Whisk Wet Ingredients:
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, pumpkin puree, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Mix and Pour:
5. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, ensuring an even distribution.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish, spreading it evenly.
Bake to Perfection:
7. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
Serve and Enjoy:
8. Allow the baked pumpkin oatmeal to cool slightly before slicing it into squares.
- Serve warm, perhaps with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or a drizzle of maple syrup for an extra indulgence.
As the aroma of cinnamon and pumpkin wafts
through your kitchen, savour the simplicity and warmth of our Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal—a delightful way to embrace fall flavours in every comforting bite.