Falafel burgers are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional meat burgers. Made with chickpeas, herbs, and spices, these burgers are flavorful and satisfying. They’re also vegetarian and vegan-friendly, making them a great option for anyone looking to reduce their meat consumption.
Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Prep-Time – 40 minutes Serving-Size – 4-6 people
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Burger buns and toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.)
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped and combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the chickpea mixture and pulse until everything is well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Form the mixture into 4-6 patties, depending on the desired size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the falafel burgers on burger buns with your desired
Relevant Notes & Tips:
- Be sure to drain and rinse the chickpeas well before using them in the recipe.
- If the mixture is too wet, add a little more flour to help it bind together.
- For a gluten-free option, use a gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- To make the falafel burgers ahead of time, form the patties and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking.