Introduction: Homemade soups have always held a special place in the hearts and kitchens of many. The comforting aroma of simmering ingredients, the warmth that wraps around you with every spoonful, and the undeniable satisfaction of a well-made soup – it’s simply unbeatable. Today, we’re going to delve into the art of creating a classic: Broccoli and Cheddar Soup. But there’s a twist; we’re making it low-carb without sacrificing any of that creamy, cheesy goodness. Let’s embark on this culinary journey to create a bowl of comfort, health, and flavor.
- Preparing the Broccoli:
- Begin by trimming the broccoli, discarding any tough stems. Cut the florets into small, bite-sized pieces. Set them aside.
- Sautéing the Aromatics:
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic. Sauté them until they turn translucent and fragrant, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Cooking the Broccoli:
- Now, add the broccoli florets to the pot. Stir them in with the sautéed onions and garlic. Sprinkle in the dried thyme, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, allowing the broccoli to soften slightly.
- Adding the Broth:
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, ensuring that it covers the broccoli completely. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Blending the Soup:
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender directly in the pot to puree the mixture until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Adding Cream and Cheese: