Chili con carne is a beautiful dish that combines bold flavors and textures to create a satisfying and comforting meal. This classic recipe consists of ground beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, and a blend of chili spices. It is a hearty and flavorful dish that originated in Texas, USA.
Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Prep-Time – 1 hour Serving-Size – 6 Chilli Con
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the pot and sauté until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chili con carne hot, topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Relevant Notes & Tips:
- For a spicier chili, add some cayenne pepper or chopped jalapeño peppers to the mix.
- You can also use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef.
- Leftover chili can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.