A fiery burger with a kick of jalapeno and melted pepper jack cheese.
Yields: 4 servings Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- Pepper jack cheese slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- Chipotle mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill or stovetop pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Form into patties.
- Cook the patties on a grill or stovetop for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- During the last minute of cooking, place jalapeno slices on top of each patty and a cheese slice to melt.
- Toast the hamburger buns on the grill or in a toaster.
- Assemble the burgers by placing the cooked patty on the bottom bun, followed by lettuce, tomato, red onion, and chipotle mayonnaise. Cover with the top bun.