With bright, tart cranberries and sunny citrus flavor, this quick bread is a perfect way to herald the fall and winter seasons. The sweet-tart pops of cranberry contrast beautifully with the warmth of orange in this easy tea bread.
Made with simple pantry ingredients, this recipe comes together in just one bowl in about 15 minutes prep time. The streusel topping adds a delightful crunch and pretty finish. Read on for the full recipe, tips for juicy cranberries, and ideas for customizing your cranberry orange bread.
Here are some Equipment needed for this recipe:
Prep the Pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8”x4” loaf pan. Line bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.
Make the Batter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange zest.
- Make a well in the center. Add the orange juice, milk, egg, oil, and vanilla to the well.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
Assemble and Bake
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- In a small bowl, mix streusel ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan.
- Store completely cooled cranberry bread at room temperature tightly wrapped for up to 1 week.
- For longer storage, wrap in plastic then foil and freeze for up to 2 months.
This festive cranberry bread is delicious on its own but you can also:
- Spread slices with cream cheese or orange butter
- Drizzle with a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and orange juice
- Enjoy slices toasted with butter
- Top with mascarpone and orange segments
- Pair with cheese and charcuterie
- Spread with ricotta and honey or orange marmalade
It’s perfect for breakfast, dessert, or anytime snacking.
Customizing Your Cranberry Bread
- For chocolate cranberry bread, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter.
- For toasted walnut cranberry bread, fold in 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts.
- For lemon cranberry bread, use lemon zest and juice instead of orange.
- For cranberry pistachio bread, fold in 1/2 cup chopped pistachios.
- For spiced cranberry bread, add 1 teaspoon ground ginger or cardamom.
Let this basic recipe inspire your own signature cranberry quick bread creation!
Troubleshooting Common Problems
Having issues getting bakery-perfect results? Here are some tips:
- Use fresh cranberries for peak tart flavor.
- Zest citrus delicately to avoid bitter pith.
- Preheat oven fully before baking.
- Avoid overmixing once flour is added.
- Cool completely before slicing for clean cuts.
- Store tightly wrapped so bread doesn’t dry out.
With these simple tweaks, you’ll have picture-perfect cranberry orange bread every time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45-55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf, 10-12 slices
Yield: One 8×4 inch loaf
More Quick Bread Recipes
If you love baking with seasonal fruit, try more of these sweet bread recipes:
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze
- Banana Bread with Walnuts
- Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread
- Pear Gingerbread
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Zucchini Bread with Raisins
Enjoy the flavors of autumn and winter with these easy, fruit-filled breads!