- Prepare the Ingredients: Begin by chopping all your vegetables and mincing the garlic. This preparation step will make the cooking process smoother.
- Sauté the Aromatics: In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Add the Vegetables: Stir in the diced carrots, celery, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and green beans. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the vegetables to soften slightly.
- Combine the Cannellini Beans and Tomatoes: Add the cannellini beans and diced tomatoes (with their juice) to the pot. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour in the Vegetable Broth: Pour in the vegetable broth, ensuring that all the vegetables are submerged. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add Pasta and Seasonings: Once the soup reaches a boil, add the small pasta, bay leaves, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well and reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow the soup to simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Serve and Garnish: Remove the bay leaves from the soup. Ladle the Veggie-Packed Minestrone Soup into soup bowls. Garnish each bowl with fresh basil leaves and, if desired, a generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy: Serve this delightful soup as a standalone meal or with a side of crusty bread. It’s a wholesome, satisfying dish that embodies the heartwarming essence of Italian cuisine.
Feel free to provide the name of the next topic or recipe you’d like to explore, and we’ll continue from there.