Sloppy Joes are a classic American dish that is loved for its sweet, tangy, and savory flavor. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal or a casual get-together with friends and family.
Rating – ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Prep-Time – 30 minutes Serving-Size – 4-6 serving
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped onion and green bell pepper to the skillet and cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Simmer the mixture over medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the flavors have blended together.
- Serve the Sloppy Joes hot on hamburger buns. Enjoy!